Every funeral is different, because every person is different. The most important thing is that, together, we get it right! If you live in the parish, you are welcome to have your service in church and we will do the best we can to honour your loved one in the right way.
A service in church is the best way to celebrate life and mourn its end. Here’s why:
- Churches are personal. The crematorium is impersonal. It is not part of the community in which we live and make our histories.
- In our small village communities, a church service offers an opportunity for everyone to gather together and ensures that no one is left out.
- There is no time limit. At the crematorium, services are limited to 25 minutes and can feel rushed and hurried.
- The church is a place of hope and peace. After or before the funeral there is time to gather, reflect, light candles and take consolation from the hope of eternal life in Jesus Christ.
- A service in church also gives us the flexibility to go to the crematorium after the service.
What you need to do now is to call the parish office to begin a discussion about dates, times and content. You can find contact details here. If there is no one there to take your call, please leave a message.
The vicar is always available to talk in confidence about any issues you may have.
For advice on planning a funeral: https://churchofenglandfunerals.org
Suggested Funeral Director (many other options are available): http://whitedovefunerals.co.uk